Friday, July 17, 2009

Transworld Shoot Out




It always amazes me how one small change can make you see things in a whole new light. Like in this image with the buildings. You can see these same buildings everyday, and in a moment, with the sun sinking behind them, and the sky lights up with different colors, it becomes a beautiful moment that makes you see it in a different way. Once you change the light, it changes your perspective on the same thing you were looking at, that’s why I like sunsets.

This is also true with life. A few years ago I made a decision to use my photography to spread light on to subjects that people would normally, not pay that much attention to. I have just completed my third, major project using this concept. It’s a project about the environment, that will be featured in, Transworld Snowboarding Magazine, and will be seen on MTV. It was a contest that, Transworld hosted, using 4 snowboard brands, involving photography and video. I could have just done a typical snowboard project, but I chose to include a topic that was essential to the sport of snowboarding. The environment and nature is what make this sport possible. If we keep destroying the earth at the rate we are now, we will not be able to enjoy simple thinks like, nature and snowboarding. This I an example of how we can use the thing we have to do every day, and add some light to make a difference in the world. This concept can be applied to anything, even if it is just a kind gesture. Things like this will spread, and the next thing you know, people will start doing nice things for each other. Try this, it works!!!!

No comments: