Friday, July 16, 2010

wet Plate Collodion hings that others pass by

Shooting in the street of Los Angles and not being able to speak Spanish is a major problem for me. The good news is I have a friend Chris Sanchez that is from Mexico City. I invited Chris along so he could talk to people for me. The lady in this photo did not speak any English. I asked him if he would talk with her and see if she would shoot a photo with me. At first she said no but Chris did not give up. He started talking to her about Mexico City and after 20 minutes  she agreed . I think even if I could of spoke to her I don’t think she would of done it. I don’t think I could of got her to trust me. While I was shooting her Chris keep chatting with here. She told him that some one had asked  her for a photo with her food truck before. When she agreed the photographer brought out a naked girl to shoot on her truck. I think the lady felt like that was very disrespect full. I know I think it is. The way I see it is this beautiful lady and her food truck is the real shot any way. I all ways try to find the beauty in the things that others pass by. There is one more thing can some one please teach me Spanish? Haha.

1 comment:

pinkcherrymama said...

i'm sure my mama, grama rosie, would be glad to teach you, guero!