Thursday, July 15, 2010

Wet Plate Collodion my favorite photos of all time


                                      
 It was getting late in the day and I made a decision to push my portable dark room around the corner to see if I could shoot some homeless people that live in skid row. It was going to be a pretty big mission and I was not sure how the people that live on this street would react to me. All of a sudden this man in the photo walked up. I started talking with him and after 10 minutes I asked hi if he would shoot a photo with me. I ended up shooting one of my favorite photos of all time .My friends and this man ended up hanging out for a hr we all hung out like we were old friends. He is one of the nicest people I have ever met. He told us that he was pushing his cart around collecting bottles and cans and how bad is feet hurt. The crazy thing is he has casts on both legs could you imagine what that would be like? I was talking to my grandpa years ago about my problems. He told me if every one through their problems in the street and you could see what every ones were you would go and pick yours back up.  





3 comments:

sierra.kendra.photo said...

“Every hardship; every joy; every temptation is a challenge of the spirit; that the human soul may prove itself.”

 Elias A. Ford

pinkcherrymama said...

next time i'm in town can you please introduce me to some of your new friends! i would love to hear the stories and the wisdom that they carry. what you are doing is so obviously from your heart. you are a wonderful man :)

Brian 'Spoo' Spour said...

Nice one again Ian...for both shooting the pic and for having the balls to go and ask. We are all the same people after all just put into different situations by circumstances...if I get the opportunity to come across to LA I'd love to hang out..again great work man